PR-1460-Q is a fuel resistant, solvent-free, electrical potting and sealing compound. It has a service temperature range from -70°F (-57°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C).
This material is designed for sealing and insulating of electric connectors, wiring, and other electric apparatus in fuel exposed applications. The cured sealant is resistant to prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
PR-1460-Q is a two-part manganese dioxide cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is designed to flow around wires and connections in electrical connectors to provide complete insulation. It cures at room temperature to form a solid elastomer.
The following tests are in accordance with MIL-S-8516 specification test methods.
Please be aware that PR-1460 Q is not certified to MIL(AMS)-S-8516.
PR-1440 comes in the following packaged configurations:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B per-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1460-Q (pdf)
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.