PR-1824 Class B is a light weight, rapid curing aerodynamic smoothing sealant. It has a service temperature range from -80°F (-62°C) to 300°F (149°C), with intermittent excursions up to 400°F (204°C). PR-1824 Class B is a two-part, epoxy cured Permapol® P-3 polythioether compound. The uncured material is a low sag, non-crazing, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. Unlike standard polysulfide sealants, it can cure at low temperatures and is unaffected by changes in relative humidity. This sealant is sandable and has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
OEM specification: MS 482
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1824 Class B (pdf)
PR-1770 comes in the following packaged configurations:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.