PR-1826 Class B is a rapid cure, aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -80°F (-62°C) to 320°F (160°C), with intermittent excursions up to 420°F (216°C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
PR-1826 Class B is a two-part, epoxy cured Permapol® P-3 Polythioether compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste, suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. Unlike standard polysulfide fuel tank sealants, it can cure at low temperatures and is unaffected by changes in relative humidity. This sealant has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates when correctly primed with PR-1826 Adhesion Promoter.
|AMS 3277||FMS3064 Form 1||5PTMUG64|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1826 Class B (pdf)
PR-1770 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Kit Includes Adhesion Promoter
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.