PR-2001 is a rapid cure, low odor, aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -80°F (-62°C) to 320°F (160°C), with intermittent excursions up to 420°F (216°C).
PR-2001 Class A is a two-part, epoxy cured Permapol® P-3.1 polythioether compound. The uncured material is suitable for application by brush in thickness up to 25 mils.
The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
|MMS 332||GM4107 Ty III|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-2001 Class A (pdf)
PR-1440 Class B uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
Unlike standard polysulfide fuel tank sealants, it can cure at low temperatures and is unaffected by changes in relative humidity. This sealant has excellent adhesion to properly prepared common aircraft substrates.
|ABP-3329||ABP 4-5141||ABP 4-5142|
|AIMS 04-05-001||AIMS 04-05-012||AMS 3277 TY 2|
|GR1 MMS-332||DPM 6537||FMS 3064|
Sealant may be packaged with Adhesion Promoter according to what Specification it is ordered to.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-2001 Class B (pdf)
PR-2001 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 693 Semkit® with 4-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.