WS-516 is especially formulated for the sealing, insulation and reinforcement of electrical connectors, wiring and other electrical apparatus. WS-516 protects against corrosion, moisture, and contamination and also reduces the arc over between pins of an electrical connector.
WS-516 is a two- part material consisting of a Base Compound and an Accelerator. After mixing, WS-516 cures at room temperature to a firm resilient rubber. WS-516 exhibits excellent adhesion to metals and plastics and also has outstanding resistance to weather, water, and corrosion.
WS-516 is available in the following Types and Classes:
- Type I: Low Viscosity (100 to 400 poises) initial mixed viscosity
- Type II: High Viscosity (401 to 1200 poises) initial mixed viscosity
- Class 1: 24 Hours cure @ 77°F
- Class 2: 48 Hours cure @ 77°F
- Class 3: 72 Hours cure @ 77°F
Technical Data Sheet for Royal WS-516 (pdf)
Royal WS-516 comes in the following packaged configurations:
Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B per-measured into separate containers.
- Half Pint Kit with 8 fluid ounces of sealant
- Pint Kit with 16 fluid ounces of sealant
- Quart Kit with 32 fluid ounces of sealant
Techkit package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Techkit packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Techkit with 2-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Techkit with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Techkit with 4-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5 fl oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.