PR-1196 is a sprayable, polyurethane coating designed for use as a secondary fuel barrier on aircraft integral fuel tanks. The product is typically applied to the exterior surfaces of the center wing box tank. Should a leak occur in the tanks primary seal system, the PR-1196 will aid in containment of the leak and prevent fuel migration.
The uncured material when mixed is very thixotropic which allows it to obtain a good film thickness even on vertical surfaces. It cures at room temperature to form a resilient transparent coating with high elongation and tensile strength properties.
Application Life 2 Hours.
|BMS5-81Type II Class 1.||AIMS04-04-008||TH5.958/1/3|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1196 (pdf)
For more information about these products contact Bergdahl Associates, Inc.
PR-1196 comes in the following packaged configuration;
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Unit - Part A in a Half Pint Can and Part B in a Pint Can
- Quart Unit - Part A in a Pint Can and Part B in a Pint Can
- Gallon Unit - Part A in a Gallon Can and Part B in a Quart Can
- Other packaging configurations may be available.