PR-1198 is a sprayable, polyurethane coating designed for use as a secondary fuel barrier on aircraft integral fuel tanks. The product is typically applied to the exterior surfaces of the center wing box tank. Should a leak occur in the tanks primary seal system, the PR-1197 will aid in containment of the leak and prevent fuel migration.
The uncured material when mixed is very thixotropic which allows it to obtain a good film thickness even on vertical surfaces. It cures at room temperature to form a resilient transparent coating with high elongation and tensile strength properties.
Application Life 45 – 75 minutes.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1197 (pdf)
PR-1197 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Unit – Part A in a Half Pint Can and Part B in a Pint Can
- Quart Unit – Part A in a Pint Can and Part B in a Pint Can
- Gallon Unit – Part A in a Gallon Can and Part B in a Quart Can
- Other packaging configurations may be available.
Specification information provided for reference purpose only. Review specification QPL for verification or consult with engineering services.