PR-1422 is an aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). This material is designed for brush sealing of fasteners in fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
Class ACollapse/ExpandPR-1422 Class A is a two-part, dichromate cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is suitable for application by brush in thickness up to 25 mils.
|DMQR1082||STM 0233||TMS-N161-02||AMS-S-8802 TYPE I *|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1422 Class A (pdf)
Class BCollapse/ExpandPR-1422 Class B is a two part, dichromate cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
It cures at room temperature to form a resilient sealant having excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
|AMS-S-8802 TYPE I *||DHMS-S3.01||STM0236|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1422 Class B (pdf)
PR-1422 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.