PR-1425 Class B is an aircraft windshield and canopy sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of properly prepared glass, polycarbonate, acrylic and other aircraft sealing applications. This product is specifically formulated not to craze substrates. The cured sealant exhibits excellent resistance to UV and weather exposure.
PR-1425 Class B is a two-part, dichromate cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low-sag, thixotropic paste, suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. This sealant has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1425 (pdf)
|Designation||No. per Case|
|Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant||16|
|Model 654 Semkit® – 6 oz. cartridge with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant||24|
|Model 655 Semkit® – 2-1/2 oz. cartridge with 2 fl. oz. of sealant||24|
PR-1425 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.