PR-1428 is a low adhesion access door sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). The material is designed for use as an access door sealant or in the fabrication of form-in-place (FIP) gaskets.
Class ACollapse/ExpandPR-1428 Class A is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured, polysulfide compound. The uncured material is suitable for application by brush in thickness up to 25 mils.
It cures at room temperature to form a removable seal to common aircraft substrates.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1428 Class A (pdf)
Class BCollapse/ExpandPR-1428 Class B is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured, polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
|BMS5-37 TY I||MIL-S-8784 *||DHMS-S3.02|
* Specification discontinued
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1428 Class B (pdf)
PR-1428 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.