PR-1429 Class B is a low cohesive strength sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 300°F (149°C). This material is designed for butt sealing between aircraft interior floor boards or for depression filling and smoothing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
PR-1429 Class B is a two part, manganese dioxide cured, Permapol® P-5 polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. This sealant has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1429 (pdf)
PR-1429 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and. handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.