PR-1460-Q is a fuel resistant, solvent free, electrical potting and sealing compound. It has a service temperature range from -70°F (-57°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). This material is designed for sealing and insulating of electric connectors, wiring, and other electric apparatus in fuel exposed applications. The cured sealant is resistant to prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas. PR-1460-Q is a two-part manganese dioxide cured polysulfide compound. The uncured material is designed to flow around wires and connections in electrical connectors to provide complete insulation. It cures at room temperature to form a solid elastomer.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1460-Q (pdf)
Potting/Molding Application Guide (pdf)
For more information about these products contact Bergdahl Associates, Inc.
PR-1460 Q comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 1.9 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.