PR-1538 is a high hardness potting and molding compound. It has a service temperature range from -70°F (-57°C) to 300°F (149°C). This material is designed for potting electrical connectors, molding electrical cables and mechanical parts, circuit board coating and/or electrical embedding compound. The cured compound is resistant to contact with water and oils.
PR-1538 is a two-part, chemically curing polyurethane compound. It cures at room temperature to a tough, semi-flexible, cold flow-resistant rubber. The material has very good electrical properties, especially dielectric strength and volume receptivity, in thin films.
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1538 (pdf)
Potting/Molding Application Guide (pdf)
PR-1538 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 11-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 12 oz. cartridge
- PMF 5-3/4 fl oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.