PR-1764 Class B is an electrically conductive corrosion inhibitive sealant. It has a service temperature range from -67°F (-55°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 360°F (182°C). The cured sealant maintains electrical continuity in aircraft applications. This material provides excellent long-term EMI/RFI shielding against the common causes of corrosion on aluminum alloys or between dissimilar metals. The cured sealant is resistant to prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
PR-1764 Class B is a two-part, nickel filled, manganese dioxide cured, Permapol® P-3 polythioether compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. This sealant has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates when correctly primed with PR-148 Adhesion Promoter.
Tested are in accordance with AMS 3266
|AMS 3266||MS-441 TY 1||STM 0784|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1764 (pdf)
For more information about these products contact Bergdahl Associates, Inc.
PR-1764 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 693 Semkit® with 4.6 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.