PR-1772 is a low weight sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). It offers as much as a thirty percent weight savings, per unit volume, over traditional sealants used for these purposes. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after limited exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
Class BCollapse/ExpandPR-1772 Class B is a two part, chemically curing polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
|BMS 5-142, Type II|
It cures at room temperature to form a resilient sealant having excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
The following tests are in accordance with Boeing specification BMS 5-142 Class B specification test methods
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1772 Class B (pdf)
PR-1772 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.