PR-1776-M is a low density, high temperature aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 360°F (182°C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. It offers as much as a twenty percent weight savings, per unit volume, over traditional sealants used for these purposes. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to aircraft fuels both jet fuel and aviation gas, and will resist limited contact to diphosphate ester based hydraulic fluids.
Class BCollapse/ExpandPR-1776-M Class B is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured Permapol® P-5 modified polysulfide. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
|AMS 3262||DPM 5896||FMS 3104|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1776-M Class B (pdf)
Class CCollapse/ExpandPR-1776 Class C is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured Permapol® P-5 modified polysulfide. The uncured material is a roller grade liquid suitable for application by brush, extrusion gun or spatula.
|AMS 3281||DMS 2427||5PTMUB08|
Technical Data Sheet for PR-1776 Class C (pdf)
PR-1776 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.