Conductive lightning strike applications – Corrosion inhibitive – 3-7% soluble chromates – Extrusion grade – Low sag
P/S 872 Class B is a conductive lightning strike, corrosion inhibitive sealant. It has a service temperature range from -67°F (-55°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). The cured sealant maintains electrical continuity in a highly torqued fay surface for certain aircraft applications. This material acts as an effective barrier against the common causes of corrosion on aluminum alloys or between dissimilar metals. The cured material is resistant to intermittent exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas. P/S 872 Class B is a two part, aluminum filled, manganese dioxide cured, polysulfide compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. It cures at room temperature to form a resilient sealant having excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates.
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-872 (pdf)
|Designation||No. per Case|
|Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant||16|
|Model 654 Semkit® – 6 oz. cartridge with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant||24|
|Model 655 Semkit® – 2-1/2 oz. cartridge with 2 fl. oz. of sealant||24|
P/S 872 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.