P/S 890 is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured polysulfide Integral Fuel Tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
Class ACollapse/ExpandP/S 890 Class A uncured material is suitable for application by brush in thickness up to 25 mils
Standard Work Life 1/2 and 2 Hours.
|AMS-S-8802 (see PR 1440)||BMS 5-45 GR 1 (Class A2 only)||207-6-466 GND 1|
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-890 Class A (pdf)
Class BCollapse/ExpandP/S 890 Class B uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
|AMS-S-8802||BMS 5-44 *||MS 402|
|207-6-466 GD1||HMS 16-1149||CVA6-579|
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-890 Class B (pdf)
Class CCollapse/ExpandP/S 890 Class C uncured material is a roller grade liquid suitable for application by brush, extrusion gun or spatula.
Standard Work Life 20, 24, 48 and 80 Hours.
|MS 402||SAAB Std 179111||RMS046|
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-890 Class C (pdf)
P/S 890 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Model 693 Semkit® with 4-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 Oz. cartridge. - ONLY APPLIES TO CLASS B BMS 5-44
- Premixed and Frozen (PMF) - Pre-measured mixed material and frozen at extreme low temperature (also shipped and stored frozen). PMF material is the most convenient package configuration for high usage applications, simply thaw and use.
- PMF 5-3/4 fl oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- PMF 2-1/4 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge (Class A & B only)
- Other packaging configurations may be available.