P/S 895 is a two-part, manganese dioxide cured polysulfide aerodynamic smoothing sealant. It has a service temperature range from -65°F (-54°C) to 250°F (121°C), with intermittent excursions up to 275°F (135°C). This material is designed for sealing aircraft structures and pressurized cabins or for depression filling and smoothing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
Class BCollapse/ExpandP/S 895 Class B uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula.
|STM40-006 TYPE 1, CLASS A-1/2, A-2||MIL-S-38228 TYI 1-1/2, NA-2||GC115W2|
Technical Data Sheet for P/S-895 Class B (pdf)
P/S 895 comes in the following packaged configuration:
- Two-Part Can Kit packaged with part A and part B pre-measured into separate containers.
- Pint Kit with 12 fl. oz. of sealant
- Semkit® package - a complete package assembly that stores, mixes, and applies sealant. Semkit® packages eliminates the labor intensive task of measuring and handling materials, and prevents contamination when opening and closing can kits.
- Model 654 Semkit® with 3-1/2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 6 oz. cartridge
- Model 655 Semkit® with 2 fl. oz. of sealant in a 2-1/2 oz. cartridge
- Other packaging configurations may be available.